第 42 章
1. 〔可拉後裔的訓誨詩、交與伶長。〕 神阿、我的心切慕你、如鹿切慕溪水。
For the director of music. A maskil of the Sons of Korah. As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God.
2. 我的心渴想 神、就是永生 神．我幾時得朝見 神呢。
My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?
3. 我晝夜以眼淚當飲食．人不住地對我說、你的 神在那裡呢。
My tears have been my food day and night, while men say to me all day long, "Where is your God?"
4. 我從前與眾人同往、用歡呼稱讚的聲音、領他們到 神的殿裡、大家守節．我追想這些事、我的心極其悲傷。
These things I remember as I pour out my soul: how I used to go with the multitude, leading the procession to the house of God, with shouts of joy and thanksgiving among the festive throng.
5. 我的心哪、你為何憂悶、為何在我裡面煩躁．應當仰望 神．因他笑臉幫助我、我還要稱讚他。
Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and
6. 我的 神阿、我的心在我裡面憂悶．所以我從約但地、從黑門嶺、從米薩山、記念你。
my God. My soul is downcast within me; therefore I will remember you from the land of the Jordan, the heights of Hermon--from Mount Mizar.
Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls; all your waves and breakers have swept over me.
8. 白晝耶和華必向我施慈愛．黑夜我要歌頌禱告賜我生命的 神。
By day the LORD directs his love, at night his song is with me--a prayer to the God of my life.
9. 我要對 神我的磐石說、你為何忘記我呢．我為何因仇敵的欺壓時常哀痛呢。
I say to God my Rock, "Why have you forgotten me? Why must I go about mourning, oppressed by the enemy?"
10. 我的敵人辱罵我、好像打碎我的骨頭、不住的對我說、你的 神在那裡呢。
My bones suffer mortal agony as my foes taunt me, saying to me all day long, "Where is your God?"
11. 我的心哪、你為何憂悶、為何在我裡面煩躁．應當仰望 神．因我還要稱讚他．他是我臉上的光榮、〔原文作幫助〕是我的 神。
Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.